FOR DR. ALGER'S POST PROCEDURE PATIENTS
If you are Dr. Alger's patient and experiencing increasing weakness of the arms or legs, bowel or bladder incontinence or intractable unremitting pain after a procedure, please call the clinic. In case of an emergency, and if unable to reach the pain clinic or the on-call physician, please go to the nearest emergency room or call 911.
pRE procedure instructions (Location, etc.)
Procedures will be performed at Villages Surgery & Endoscopy Center. Address is 10900 SE 174th Place Rd, Summerfield, FL 34491. Please ask for "Arbor Medical" at check in.
If you have any questions about the procedure please call the clinic at (352) 205 - 8812.
- Please continue to manage your diabetes. Your sugar needs to be below 200 the day of the procedure.
- Please continue to take the medications for your heart or blood pressure.
- If you are on antibiotics or have any sign of infection, please reschedule your appointment after your primary care physician states that you no longer need antibiotics.
- You will need someone to drive you to and from your procedure. Failure to have a driver may result in your procedure being rescheduled.
- THIS APPLIES FOR THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES ONLY: EPIDURAL AND RADIO FREQUENCY ABLATION, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED FOR PHYSICIAN. Stop taking aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners (Coumadin, Warfarin, Plavix, etc.) prior to your procedure. If this applies to you, check with your prescribing physician for clearance to do so.
It is extremely important that you notify our office 48 hours in advance if you need to cancel your procedure. If there are any changes to your insurance, phone number, etc., please call us immediately.
POST PROCEDURE INSTRUCTIONS
- Do not drive for 24 hours post procedure
- Do no perform activities that require prolonged sitting, bending or lifting
- You may experience increased discomfort for the next 24 hours; please limit your activity
- Bed rest may be necessary. You may gradually resume activity as your discomfort subsides.
- Resume previous diet
Special Instructions and Information:
- If steroids were used for your procedure, it may take 48-78 hours to have a full effect
- You may apply ice packs and heat to the injection site to relieve discomfort
- Continue to use your routine medications as prescribed
Report any of the following symptoms to your physician:
- Discomfort that becomes severe and or interferes with normal movement or feeling
- Numbness that does not disappear in 24 hours
- Prolonged aggravation of symptoms